If you have any questions you can ask them here. Our experts will be happy to answer it. If you want to receive a face-to-face consultation with a specialist, make an appointment by calling us on +1 289.338.6870 or email@example.com
When is it better to take
We will be glad to see you in our NewM Perinatal and family Care Clinic at any time of your pregnancy.
What are your next steps once you
find out that you are pregnant?
- Call the Doctor as soon as you found out that you are pregnant
- Begin a Prenatal Vitamin Complex (containing Folic acid and vitamin D)
- Stop smoking, drinking alcohol and cut down your caffeine
- Write down the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP)
- Exclude pregnancy unsafe food: soft cheeses, smoked meats, raw fish, undercooked eggs, wine.
Note: Always take snacks with you to have a small meal every 2.5 hours in between main course meals (nuts, fruits, vegetables)
- Check your maternity leave policy at your workplace.
- Tell your husband and relatives about your pregnancy =)
- Rest (Enrol in our Meditation class)
- Exercise (Enrol in our Prenatal Yoga class)
What fish should you avoid
High level of mercury fish are:
- King mackerel
- Bigeye tuna (found in sushi)
- Orange roughy
What cosmetic ingredients I should not use
Check your cosmetic list of ingredients which you are using.
You Should avoid:
- Benzoyl Peroxide
- Salicylic Acid
- Thioglycolic Acid
- Chemical Sunscreens (Avobenzone, homosalate, octisalate, octocrylene, oxybenzone, oxtinoxate, menthyl anthranilate, oxtocrylene)
- Botulinum Toxin
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Diazolidinyl Urea
- Stearic Acid
When is my first Doctor’s check-up after delivery and what to expect?
Postpartum check-up with a doctor at your ob/gyn’s practice usually happens at about six weeks following the delivery. Your doctor will perform a general assessment to ensure that you are physically and emotionally well and normally adjusting to a new motherhood.
What to know about
yourself after labor?
- After you give birth you still may experience vaginal discharge which will gradually decrease and change to pink, then brown and finally to yellow color.
- You may bleed for as long as six weeks, no longer.
- We recommend waiting at least 6 weeks before resuming sexual activity.
- Not recommended to take baths and attend swimming pools during the 6-week period after labour.
- You should visit your Gynecologist for 6 weeks after the labor check-up.
- To avoid unplanned pregnancy you must use condoms which is safe during this time.
- If you are breastfeeding you may eat different nutritious food, gradually expanding your menu. No strict diet is recommended.
- Make sure you did everything for baby safe breastfeeding (If difficulties occur call our lactation consultant Inna Aslanian)